During the ENHANCE workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Higher Education, renowned experts in AI in education from ENHANCE universities will deliver short speeches on using new technologies in teaching, providing valuable insights into the current state and prospects of AI tools from the perspective of their institutions.
Engaging in small-group discussions will bring together teacher and student perspectives and delve into critical AI-related topics in education.
The workshop will provide ample networking opportunities for participants to connect with like-minded professionals, form collaborations, and exchange ideas on the future of AI in education.
The workshop will consist of two parts:
PART I – a series of short speeches, open to all ENHANCE community members (students, doctoral candidates, staff) and others.
– PART II – Main workshop for a limited number of people. The main workshop is divided into two parts, during which participants:
– Work in groups (3-6 people)
– Discuss issues related to the topic of the workshop using the prepared whiteboard
Topics for discussion:
– individualisation of learning paths using AI (learning analytics) – barriers and opportunities: student perspective, teacher perspective & institution perspective
– using digital technologies in teaching – from calculator through a computer to generative AI (for text and images)
– ethics, copyright, legal aspects vs AI tools
– AI tools for teachers/supporting teachers
– supporting teachers in using AI tools
– to foster a deeper understanding of how AI tools, with a focus on ChatGPT, learning analytics, and assistants, can revolutionise education in technical universities – members of the ENHANCE Alliance
– to highlight the potential benefits, challenges, and ethical considerations associated with integrating AI tools into various aspects of teaching, learning, teacher, administration, and student support
– to allow participants to share their experiences, engage in thought-provoking discussions, and gain insights into cutting-edge research and innovative practices in this field.
June 22, 2023, from 9.00 to 15.00
Online on Webex – link to the recording is provided on the webpage