Registration for the summer school is now open!
There is no time to spare! Our response to the final warning on climate change is to act with you here and now. The plan is simple. We build upon who we are and more forward based on what we can do right away. Ready? Join us in Warsaw this July, share your experience, and co-design the change! We are going to be that change together!
Through international peer-to-peer networking within our ENHANCE academic community, you will learn about global climate change issues and define local opportunities using the Problem-based learning (PBL) approach. Experienced tutors will support your work by providing knowledge on climate change, sharing ready-to-use teamwork methods, boosting your creativity, and taking care of comfortable environments for your work. But first and foremost, we are open to your perspectives and ideas. Whatever unconventional you suggest, we will follow your own life-based experience, good vibe, and creativity. We don’t want to put you in lectures, we want to allow you to work together and look for interesting solutions.
After some warm-up collaboration online (4th-5th July 2023), we will work together on-site in Warsaw, Poland (10th-14th July 2023).
Form of activities include guest lectures, self-readings, group discussions, but most of all, hands-on designing, prototyping, and testing your ideas. We aim to deliver and publish fresh ideas for the ENHANCE community we all create.
Participation is highly competitive and will be limited to a maximum of 39 students from all ENHANCE universities, Lviv Polytechnic National University, and the National Technical University of Ukraine in Kyiv (ENHANCE Network Partners).
Save the dates, apply, and see you soon!
- Duration: online from 4th-5th July and on-site in Warsaw from 10th-14th July 2023.
- The summer school is open to students who finished at least 2nd year of Bachelor’s degree studies and students of Master’s degree studies.
- Each ENHANCE University selects five students – the participants complete the registration form, two from Lviv Polytechnic National University and two from the National Technical University of Ukraine in Kyiv (ENHANCE Network Partners).
- Participation is free of charge.
- The ENHANCE Alliance will provide funds for your travel and accommodation. Contact the local ENHANCE coordinator at your university.
Credits: 4 ECTS
European Qualifications Framework (EQF): 6
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplinary community.
- Being open to using innovative methods and data sources Being receptive to more than one.
- Potential solution Good communication skills.
- Being able to give honest and positive feedback Willingness to share expertise.
- Time availability, including the ability to come to Warsaw in July.
Nice to haves (skills/competencies)
- Design skills.
- Urban planning.
- Climate change.
- Sustainability and green solutions.
- Understanding the importance and complexity of climate change issues.
- Understanding of fundamental ideas and theoretical concepts regarding climate change.
- Knowledge of the latest technology solutions concerning climate.
- Ability to identify the aspects influencing climate change in a local environment (city, campus, housing estate).
- Understanding of how local actions influence long-term global changes Understanding and being sensitive to citizen-led attempts to climate.
- Recognition of the potential of university campuses and the role of academic.
- Skills in integrating ideas into solutions and proposing an action plan in selected fields of climate.
- Skills in analyzing and decomposing challenges in selected fields of climate change.
- Skills in solving identified problems in teams based on the knowledge and skills of team.