Warsaw University of Technology organises an online workshop entitled “Learning environments for Alpha Generation” on 4 July from 9:00 to 15:00. The first part is open to all ENHANCE community members (click here, with this password: LEfAG!).
The second part, is divided into two sessions and you need to register here.
Its agenda is split in two sections: one to work in groups of four or five people, and one to discuss issues related to the main topic. Academic teachers, administrative staff, and students can participate. There are still places available; register now not to miss them!
This ENHANCE workshop will explore and discuss innovative approaches to creating effective learning environments explicitly tailored for the unique needs of the Generation Alpha cohort. This experience will provide a platform for good practices exchange, collaboration, and dialogue on the latest advancements and best practices in designing educational spaces and strategies to nurture the next generation of learners. Engaging in small-group discussions will bring together teachers, administrative staff, and student perspectives and delve into this digitally native generation’s needs.
It will also be an occasion to make the best of ample networking opportunities for the participants who will be able to connect with like-minded professionals, form collaborations, and exchange ideas on transforming educational spaces to meet the evolving needs of Generation Alpha students.
Topics for discussion:
- generational changes – are they recognised in individual universities?
- is a new model of learning needed for the incoming generation?
- to what extent should we change/adapt our teaching methods?
- (to what extent) is good pedagogy (in)dependent on technology?
- is introducing new teaching methods beneficial for learners?
- are teachers up-to-date in innovative teaching?
- do we need to introduce new tools to support education?
With many different speakers mostly from the Universitat Politècnica de València, the workshop will have the following objective:
- to delve into the distinctive traits and preferences of students from the alpha generation and explore how learning environments can be selected to facilitate their learning, engagement, and success;
- to discuss the knowledge, pedagogical approaches, and technological advancements that can be leveraged to create suitable learning environments for this digitally native generation;
- and to provide participants with an opportunity to share their insights, engage in stimulating discussions, and gain valuable knowledge on transforming educational spaces to meet the evolving needs of alpha generation students.
More information and a complete agenda are available here!
July 4, 2023, from 9.00 to 15.00.
Online on Webex – link to the recording is provided on the webpage.
All ENHANCE community members (students, doctoral candidates, staff) and others.